As they say, traveling fills up the soul! But what about your hair? Not really! Since no one wants to spend hours and hours on their hair while on vacation, it’s not surprising why many of us come back with dull, damaged, and frizzy hair.
What happens to your hair while traveling?
While traveling, multiple factors- from air-conditioners, city smog or pollution, bright sun, rainy weather, salty seawater, and chlorine-ridden pools to food and water in the shower – affect your hair.
And did you know that? Travel in itself – When you leave a place with a certain atmosphere and go somewhere with 30 degrees, the lower temperature will naturally generate a physiological “shock” to your hair and body.
Following are the factors that affect your hair while traveling:
- Mode of transport
- Weather conditions
- The quality of water you use to wash your hair
- Number of days of your travel
Hair care hacks while traveling
- Oil your hair – Oiling your roots and hair tips is the best nourishment you can give your hair while traveling. Whenever you oil your hair, keep it overnight or for at least 4-5 hours because it is the minimum time that oil will take to get absorbed in your scalp or tips.
- Wash – If you are going on a trip and want to wash your hair, you should do it the day before and let it air dry. Washing your hair the same day of your journey allows dust to stick to your wet hair, and the pollution in the city will dry it out. So plan to wash your hair a day before traveling.
- Don’t skip the serum – A serum not only saves your hair from damage but also nourishes them. You can use Redensyl hair serum for the same. Also, the serum is good for protecting your hair from the sun.
- Hair accessories – Always wear headbands, hats, scarves, and other hair accessories so your hair isn’t exposed to dirt and dryness, which can damage your hair.
- Don’t use anything on your hair
- Avoid washing your hair everyday
- Even while traveling, don’t skip on having a proper diet
- Sleep is a must for healthy hair
- Use right and suitable hair care products
The bottom line!
Whether you’re exploring tourist traps, hiking up a mountain, or surfing, your hair is exposed to many environmental factors that can damage it. But there’s no need to worry because you can easily protect and care for your hair even when you’re 35,000 feet in the air. So pack your hair care essentials that can be used while traveling, and you’ll never have a bad hair day.
Happy hair, happy you.