For so long I wanted to do this finally I have a 0 waste bathroom essential and I am excited to talk about it. Change isn’t always easy but recently I compiled a big list of my favourite practical tips and budget-friendly product recommendations to help you all to make your bathroom more sustainable. After doing some research and with the help of @anya.gupta she has really helped me understand this much better.
1. Bamboo Toothbrush – These toothbrushes are made with bamboo and are 100 per cent biodegradable. Do you know that all toothbrushes that were ever made is still around us! It is scary to even calculate the damage. These bamboo toothbrushes, also come in recycled packaging. So why are we not making the switch still? I bought a pack of four from @ecomitti Also, Try all-natural toothpaste that comes in a recyclable glass jar.
2. Natural loofah – All-Natural Loofah Sponge which has always been available in the market but we didn’t care much. These loofahs are mostly from the cucumber and melon family. It is a natural cleaning scrub which is perfect for scrubbing and exfoliating your skin, easy to carry. Moreover. I have to use loofah always as it removes excess oil and dirt from the skin and helps unclog pores which in turn makes my skin look much fresher, brighter and smoother. The one I use it from Almitra Sustainables
3. Wooden comb – First of all it looks super classy. If you are still using a plastic hairbrush or comb it is time you switch it to a wooden hairbrush or comb. A wooden brush or comb does a much better job of not only untangling your hair but it also pulls out oil from the root to tip. So your hair would feel much healthier and you might be able to go an extra day without washing it. The current one I am using from @qurezforyou
4. Bamboo Razor – A safety razor is an eco-friendly alternative to a disposable plastic razor that will last a lifetime. Their metal blades are recyclable. They are affordable and you can save a fortune in the long run. The one I am using is from @forearthssakein
5. Facial tissues – Made of bamboo pulp so it is 100% organic. No chlorine, no BPA, no chemicals. Soft and absorbent. I carry it everywhere it is naturally brown in colour. @beco.india gives me an endless reason to love them.
6. Cotton buds with a paper stick – Honestly, I was very sceptical about it in the beginning paper stick! but then when I got hold of it and started using it there is no looking back. @beco.india it is. Also, you can try out the biodegradable dental floss, bamboo toilet roll as it is safe for all drainage system.
7. Soap and Shampoo bars – Now this is going to be a long list, I use shampoo and conditioner bars for hair care. This was the last change that I made. I really hunted bad and asked brand questions regarding how and what products are used over and over again and then finally I got myself my very own shampoo bar from @thehappybathingco. I am absolutely convinced that I am not looking back. A bar of soap is much more eco-friendly than liquid soap or body wash in a plastic container. For body and face, I use bar soap, make sure to address your skin problems and issues you can and should always opt for a separate bar specifically crafted for your face while choosing one for yourself. There are so many local wonderful companies and individuals that make soap bars these days and those are no less than what I call Luxury!
8. Period special – Switching to eco-friendly menstrual products has been one of the best choices I have made so far. It is also one of the first that I’ve made! There are so many different ways to have a zero-waste period and I am guilty free bleeding each month. If you are comfortable with pads then use reusable cloth pads (haven’t tried it yet). I am stuck with Menstrual cups and Biodegradable sanitary napkins. Not only are these swaps better for the environment, but they’re also great for your wallet. All of these alternatives screams “save money”. @mycarmesi @saathipads @naari_pads @boondhcups @peesafe should be your go-to brands.
9. Make sure to reduce your shower time and get a low-flow showerhead. Please be mindful and dont wastewater a very humble request.
10. Zero Waste & Non-Toxic Deodorant – I love to smell good, who doesn’t. I have tried a few yet not satisfied so no recommendation on this yet. Make sure your Non-Toxic Deodorant is aluminium and paraben-free. It should have all-natural ingredients including essential oils or body butter that nourish your body. Leaves you feeling fresh all day long. I would be happy if anyone can suggest me Zero Waste & Non-Toxic Deodorant can’t wait to use one that I will finally fall in love with.
Hoping that you can make your bathroom more environmentally friendly soon. Try out these brands – @bambooindia @zerowasteshop.in @projectzerowasteindia @earth_able for much more sustainable eco-friendly products.