Take only memories and leave the footprints at the land of beauty. Yes, Wanderlusts you are right it is Sar Pass Trek, one of the most popular trails in the Shivalik Range. Well, you need to have a look at this guide for a mesmerizing experience during your excursion.
Sar Pass Trek is a small frozen lake located in Parvati valley of the Kullu district. It is brimmed with a bunch of trekkers and backpackers. It is located at an altitude of about 4220 m. This place offers enthralling views, snow-laden mountains, and an alluring landscape. It is mostly visited by itineraries in the month of April-June. you can also enjoy the exhilarating adventure at the nagaru campsite. It also offers easy accommodation and camping facilities. Pine and deodar trees along with the meadows blooming flowers witness the real beauty of this place. Sar Pass Trek is the ultimate reward for campers bestowed by mother earth.
Remember it is just a glimpse of the real thing that awaits you in heaven.
If you are a beginner or an experienced trekker you must do warm-up exercises and running practice before starting a trek otherwise you will face difficulty while completing the trek you might experience horrible body ache. The trek is not suitable for a person having any health issue or for aged people. Also, get a body check done by a doctor before the trek.
HOW TO REACH?
Arrive at the base camp in Kasol which is 28 kilometers away from Bhuntar Bus Stand. You can hire a cab or travel through local transport that will drop you at Kasol base camp.
Here is a travel guide you can refer to during your trek.
Day 1 – Arrive at Kasol and start the Trek to Grahan Village
Time took – 4-5 hours
- The lush green Forests of Kasol marks the beginning of your trek.
- Between every two pine trees there is a doorway to a new world so explore and hike.
- You will find the trek route comparatively easy to cross.
- After, a couple of hours you will come across rocky rugged terrain.
- Once you pass through the slippery, rocky, uneven, and steep uphills you will reach Grahan.
- Grahan Village is adorned with Rhododendrons.
- You will find many locals selling the special juice made from Rhododendrons petal .
Tip – Must try out the specialty drink.
- Your overnight stay will be in this village. you can either stay in your camping tents or at the local village accommodation.
Day 2 – Head from Grahan To Mung Thach
Time took – 4- 5 hours
- The trail route from Mung Thack is a bit confusing. Follow the signboard or take help from locals.
- Witness the beauty of mini Israel during this stretch.
- After passing through the woods you will reach mung thach .
- You can see Chandrakhani stretch and Sar pass mountain from this place.
- Overnight stay at this site.
Day 3 – Mung Thach to Nagaru
Time took – 5-6 hours
- One of the most difficult paths to cross during the trail.
- Reach Nagaru campsite.
- Relish the panoramic view, camping, and tempting cultural cuisines of the place.
- On facing north you can see the snow-covered magnificent Parvati Valley mountain.
- Overnight stay at Nagaru.
Day 4 – Nagaru to Biskeri Thatch (via Sar Pass)
Time took – 8 hours
- Start your trek early in the morning and enjoy the sunrise view.
- Reach the top of the summit. you will reach your destination Sar Pass.
- Delight your soul with a fantastic frame of Sar Pass.
- Play with snow and do not forget to make – “I Rule the World “ Pose.
- After enjoying the summit, Arrive at Biskeri Thatch Campsite and stay overnight at the place.
Day 5 – Biskeri Thatch To Barshaini
Time Took – 5 hours
- After an overnight stay.
- Continue your trail to Barshaini
- Enjoy the lush green grasslands, rare species of flora and fauna, and majestic views of mountains.
- Hike down from Barshaini for the departure to Kasol Base camp.
You have a variety of options for stay during the trek.
- In local village accommodation
- Forest guest house
- Dome Tents
- Swiss Tents
Grab the opportunity – DO NOT MISS
- Experience the finest hospitality at the Grahan Village
- Enjoy the peaceful delight of stargazing at the campsite
- You can also visit Manikaran, a holy pilgrimage
- Fill your Camera memory with lots of Jaw-dropping views and photos
- Experience Bird Watching
Don’t miss it, Keep traveling.