There are lots of methods of cooking, baking is one of them. We all love to eat cakes, cookies, biscuits, loaves of bread many other baked items in our daily life. Baking is a very old technique of cooking, the world oldest oven was discovered in Croatia in 2014 which is near about 6500 years ago. They used to use hot ashes or hot stones for baking. Slowly it gets elaborate and gets introduced to many technique and rules.
Some basic step which you should follow while baking…
- Measuring the ingredients is very important for baking. According to the recipe, you should always measure the ingredients with the help of a measuring cup, spoon or electronic kitchen digital weighing machine.
- All the ingredients should be at the room temperature specially eggs and the butter. For perfect baking you should always use room temperature ingredients, if the butter is chilled don’t use it directly not even by melting it, wait until it reaches the room temperature. But some recipes are exceptional like tart or pie.
- Always preheat the oven before baking. It is very important even if you are in a hurry. You need to preheat the oven at the same temperature you need to bake the product. If you don’t preheat, your product will not rise evenly.
- Use fresh eggs while baking, because while whipping they hold much air.
- Sieving the flour and other dry ingredients like cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices is also necessary, especially if you are making sponge cake or macaron, it will help to remove clumps and adds airiness.
- Don’t over mix your dough for cookies or over mix your batter for cakes, it will encourage the gluten development and the product will be hard or dense or even it will not rise properly.
- Always grease the baking pan or tray before baking by using oil, butter or margarine, it will help to demould. You can use butter paper or grease the paper as well.
- While baking doesn’t open the door of the oven frequently, you should wait until at least half the baking time has passed.
- You should always put the oven rack or tray at the middle of the oven for equal heat distribution.
- Do always check the baking time and temperature before baking, and when it reaches the baking time you should always check the product before taking it out from the oven by touching it or by poking with a toothpick.
Arijeeta Banerjee – I am a hospitality management student. I had my own cafe in kolkata for some time but now I am venturing out into new options. Găteau- let’s get baked is a small home bakery in Kolkata. Currently, we make customized cakes, cupcakes, jar cakes… We also just launching our healthier version of the cake with (no wheat flour, no egg yolk, no cream), but it would look and taste the same just like any other normal cake would.
Arijeeta Banerjee Mob no: 9038168668
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Bose bagan, Bankimpally, Madhyamgram, Kolkata- 700129