“The more you know, the more you can create. There’s no end to imagination in the kitchen.”
Kerala chicken curry
- I medium whole chicken cut into small pieces.
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Onion 250 gms thinly slices
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves sliced
- Ginger sliced thinly tbsp
- Green Chillies halved 6
- Coriander powder 3 tbsp
- Chilli powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk 400 ml. In a traditional kitchen, they will use freshly
- squeezed coconut milk and use the thicked milk, I use tinned one. And
- When the recipe as for thin milk I just dilute few tbsp of thick milk with
- water and then add.
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves, few sprigs
Heat the oil in a pan/ add the garlic and ginger, fry for a few minutes.
Add the sliced onions, fresh chillies and saute till they are lightly browned. Then add the turmeric, coriander powder, Chilli powder and add this mix to the onions and fry at least 8 minutes till the oil separates from the mix, this step is really important.
Now add the chicken pieces and fry for few more minutes.
Add the garam masala, and salt and further fry for few more minutes.
Take a few tbsp of coconut milk to dilute with 1/2 cup of water and add to the chicken mix.
Cook for some 15 minutes more or till the chicken is done.
Now add the rest of the coconut milk boil for few minutes add the curry
leaves, and close the pan with a lid.
Serve with steamed rice, roties, bread etc.
BIBIN BALAN Souschef Amber Dale Munnar – F&B PRODUCTION | Mobile:-+91 9446857148